George van Wensem
George started practice in White Rock in 1989, and has been providing small business owners with tax, accounting, and business advice ever since. He is also the firms ‘estate guy’, assisting executors and families with their tax filing requirements.
George and wife Shelly moved to Vancouver Island in 2011, where they tend their three country acres, and live next door to their son, daughter in law, granddaughter, and grandson. When not out cutting the grass or working on one of his numerous ‘projects’, George can be found at the curling rink in winter, and out on his bicycle or the hiking trails in the summer.
- 1986: Graduate, Business Management, Capilano College, North Vancouver
- 1988: Certified General Accountant, British Columbia and Canada
- 1999: Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
- 2005: Certified Public Accountant, North Dakota
Carol has been working with George for over fifteen years, becoming a full partner in the firm in 2017. This is Carol’s second foray in public practice. In between she held a number of Controller positions with a variety of companies, both in Manitoba and British Columbia. Carol takes pride in understanding each client’s situation and business needs and enjoys working with them to fulfill their specific needs.
Carol and her husband Jim reside in Cloverdale. They enjoy spending time with their growing family- 3 grandchildren and counting.
- 1981: Graduate, Business Administration, Red River College, Winnipeg
- 1985: Certified General Accountant, Manitoba and Canada
Matthew has been with us since 2014 when he started working part time while attending University. When he graduated in 2016 he continued working with us on a full time basis and in 2021 became a CPA. He enjoys learning about clients businesses and implementing the newest technologies.
Matthew resides in Clayton with his roommate Luna (dog). On his time off he enjoys adventures with Luna and spending time with family and friends.
- 2021: Certified Public Accountant
- 2017: Certified QuickBooks Online Platinum Pro Advisor
- 2016: Graduate, Bachelor of Business Administration, University of the Fraser Valley
Luna is a mini Australian Shepard born August 30th 2017. She is a hard worker as at only 10 weeks old she was already in our office full time. She specializes in greeting clients and getting pats and belly rubs.
When she isn’t at work she enjoys running free at the dog park and playing fetch.